Contraindication For Erectile Dysfunction Drugs:
For every medicine, there are certain indications and contraindication. The common mistake people make while using any medicine is that they only focus on the indication or uses of that drug, but little importance is given to the contraindications that can lead to terrible consequences.
Common drugs for erectile dysfunction:
Another name for erectile dysfunction is impotence and many males in Australia suffer from the dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction occurs as a result of compromised blood flow to the penile tissue due to the inability of the cavernosal and arterial smooth muscles to relax.
So the treatment is focused on improving circulation by inhibiting the enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) that decreases the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), a potential vasodilator.
Based on the mechanism of action of these drugs they are known as Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors.
The commonly available phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitors in Australia are Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, Kamagra Jelly, Apcalis.
Contraindications for PDE-5 inhibitors:
Contraindications refer to those conditions in which there is a potential risk for developing serious emergent conditions on administering any treatment protocol.
- Nitric oxide: If a person is already taking nitric oxide for any other comorbid condition then PDE-5 inhibitors are contraindicated for him. The reason for this is that nitric oxide itself is a vasodilator, it helps relieve the pressure on blood vessels in hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases, so if PDE-5 inhibitors are taken along with nitric oxide it may double-up the vasodilatory effect and lead to hypoperfusion reaction that is fatal.
- Beta-blockers: It is a class of antihypertensive drugs. If it is taken with viagra it can cause serious side effects like dizziness, fainting, fall risk, headache because it decreases blood pressure.
- Nitroglycerin: It is a tablet taken sublingually for treating chest pain in coronary artery diseases. It is a contraindication for PDE-5 inhibitors because the combination will lower blood pressure excessively and puts a person at a higher risk for cardiac collapse.
- Anticoagulants: They are blood thinner medications, including warfarin and heparin. It should not be taken with viagra because of the high risk of excessive bleeding.
- Stroke patients: These drugs are contraindicated in stroke patients until their blood pressure is under control.
Besides the above-mentioned conditions, any other scenario where there is a chance for bleeding or low blood pressure, PDE-6 inhibitors are contraindicated. These are,
- White blood cell cancer.
- Pigmentary retinopathy
- Problem with auditory sensation
- Fibrous tissue formation in the penis
- Severe insufficiency of the autonomic nervous system
Another drug called Priligy is also used for treating erectile dysfunction. It is chemically known as dapoxetine. There are some contraindications for this drug as well, such as,
- Allergic reactions
- History of hypotension
- History of hemophilia or bleeding disorder
- Already taking PDE-5 inhibitors.
- Heart problems
- Liver failure
- Kidney diseases.
Management of emergent conditions:
The only and best choice to make during any emergency due to drug reaction is an immediate hospital visit and talking to your physician about the situation.
Never try to self diagnose or manage the condition or else you will end up having the worst.
Care is better than cure, so it should be your priority to consult and talk to your doctor about your life long medical history without skipping a single event.
The previous history should never ever be neglected.
Where to find erectile dysfunction medications:
If once it is confirmed that you don’t have any contraindication for treatment you can start taking your medicines.
Sildenafil Cenforce at best prices both in stores and online. Some sellers in Australia provide free shipping services as well.