Avail Different Types of Throat Cancer Treatments to Get Rid of Cancer Disease
Treatment of throat cancer is multi-modality in nature as the throat is involved in talking, swallowing, and breathing. The type of treatment is selected to minimize the impact on the most important functions. Furthermore, treatment of the patient depends on a patient’s appearance, and quality of life patient leads.
There are types of treatment which are used to treat throat cancers. Some of these treatments are as follows:
Surgery: The most common treatment of early-stage cancer of the throat is surgery. When treated with surgery, results in a cure for over 80% of patients are seen. There is a different kind of surgery that is used to cure throat cancer, these are
● Vocal cord stripping: In this method, a surgical instrument is used to remove the outer layers of tissue on the vocal cords.
● Laser surgery: The tumor is vaporized or cut out using the high-intensity laser.
● Cordectomy: In this type of surgery part or all of the vocal cords are removed.
● Laryngectomy: This is a type of surgery where part or all of the larynx is removed as a treatment.
● Partial laryngectomy: In this type of surgery of small cancers only the portion of the voice box is removed where cancer exists and thus, leaving the rest of the larynx intact.
● Pharyngectomy: This is a type of operation where part or all of the throat is removed.
● Reconstructive procedures: Reconstructive surgery is the process followed after extensive surgery to remove throat cancer.
Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy is now proven to treat cancer as similar as surgery. According to a study which involves 400 cancer patients. These patients have cancerous tonsils. The end results came out similar to those of surgery and the therapy has lesser complications.
Radiation and Surgery: The combination of radiation and surgery is usually used to treat larger for larger cancers of the throat. This way of treatment can also be used to treat patients with marginal cancer tissues or in the persons who have only a narrow margin of normal tissue remaining after surgical removal of cancer.
Targeted drug therapy: In targeted drugs therapy cancer is treated by taking advantage of the specified defects in cancer cells. These cells are those cells that fuel the cell growth in cancer.
Rehabilitation after treatment
For rehabilitation, after treatment of your throat cancer, you may need help for
● The care of a surgical opening in your throat (in case of tracheotomy)
● Eating difficulties
● Swallowing difficulties
● Stiffness and pain in your neck
● Speech problems
Best Cancer Hospital in India
Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre is the best cancer hospital in India. It has a staff of extremely specialized doctors like Dr. Munish Gairola, Dr. Swarupa Mitra, Dr. Kundan Singh Chufal and nurses etc that take great care of the patients. RGCIRC has two branches, both in New Delhi, at Rohini (West Delhi) and Niti Bagh (South Delhi). RGCIRC uses advanced technologies and high-tech machines, which results in better treatment, monitor the patients’ condition, and also provide better medical care. You can book an appointment online by visiting their website and book a date online.